imageRUNNER ADVANCE 500iF
Offering seamless integration with other imageRUNNER ADVANCE systems, the easy to deploy, easy to manage Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 500iF/400iF models deliver operational and solutions consistency with the imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform. The compact, high-speed multifunction office systems allow customers using black-and-white single-function printers (SFPs) and MFPs in the 40-55 page-per-minute (ppm) range to implement a flexible print solution that offers the ability to increase fleet cohesiveness across a network.
“The new imageRUNNER ADVANCE 500iF/400iF models are ideal solutions for any business, especially those offices that require full-scale workflow support that is consistent across their business – whether in the local office or across the fleet,” said Sam Yoshida, vice president and general manager, Canon U.S.A. “These new models will allow organizations of any size to leverage innovative mobile and cloud-based solutions1 as well as track and manage cost effectiveness, all while advancing productivity, collaboration and ease-of-use in the workplace without sacrificing space.”
Representing the most compact imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFPs yet in Canon’s lineup, the imageRUNNER ADVANCE 500iF and imageRUNNER ADVANCE 400iF feature black-and-white print speeds of up to 52 ppm and 42 ppm (letter), respectively. Both are able to scan up to 52 letter-sized images-per-minute in color and black-and-white. Each MFP has a standard paper capacity of 650 letter- or legal-size sheets that can be expanded to 2,300 sheets with the purchase of up to three optional 550-sheet paper cassettes.
Requiring an installation space of just 31″ x 22″, these new devices can fit into a variety of office environments where saving space is important, or where printing of larger size paper formats is not required. More small- to medium-sized workgroups, executive offices, satellite offices, medical practices, law firms, and schools can now benefit from Canon’s imageRUNNER ADVANCE solution platform. These devices can also serve as a cost-effective, small-footprint addition to an enterprise fleet with the ability to co-exist with other imageRUNNER AVANCE MFPs that are managed across a network.
Like all imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFPs, these new models are designed to be the core of business communications where imaging technology, cloud connectivity, and mobile solutions converge. Building upon the established design, workflow, control, performance and responsibility attributes of the previous generation, some of the new features and capabilities found in the imageRUNNER ADVANCE 500iF/400iF include:
- Performance Improvements: With the new “Quick Startup Mode” it only takes approximately seven seconds from turning on the main power until the key operation on the touch panel display becomes available, while maintaining standby electricity use of less than 0.5W.
- Intuitive Design: With two menus available on the seven-inch, full color, tiltable, high resolution TFT screen, users have instant access to the main options but can also save frequently used features to a second menu. For added customization, administrators can organize and control the on-screen layout and display to feature a preferred order of features and display customized company graphics.
- Workflow Support: The new models support Canon’s MEAP (Multifunctional Embedded Application Platform) and MEAP Web platforms, allowing expanded integration within business workflow applications, including a variety of mobile and cloud printing solutions. The award-winning imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop Quick Printing Tool makes it easy to drag and drop documents to quickly print, fax and bind using standard and customized document templates.
- Enhanced security: A Hard Disk Drive Erase function, available on prior systems as an option, is standard on these new models. It helps protect sensitive information by overwriting latent images after each task. An HDD Lock function, also a new standard feature, helps protect data stored in the HDD from being accessed by a PC after removing it from the device. IPsec, another previously optional feature that’s now standard, helps protect data that crosses through the network.
- Managed Document Services Support: The new models offer both platform and operational consistency with larger imageRUNNER ADVANCE systems. This means customers can implement advanced workflow and managed services tools across their MFP fleet without sacrificing space or having to learn a new workflow. The new models also support more plug-ins for imageWARE Enterprise Management Console than the prior models, resulting in higher-level and more convenient integrated device management. A variety of plug-ins are supported, including ones that allow service providers to manage the migration and deployment of device settings, conduct firmware updates, and manage devices in an intranet environment within the same application.